Developed by local GPs, specialists, nurses and allied health providers, HealthPathways supports health professionals by providing local, relevant information on managing medical conditions and referral options for their patients.
HealthPathways is a web-based information portal supporting primary care clinicians to plan patient care through primary, community and secondary health care systems within Western Sydney.
The platform, used as a tool primarily by western Sydney GPs and driven by the Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network (SCHN), WSLHD and WSPHN partnership, continues to grow and expand to support PHN providers with timely and accurate referral information and detailed processes for managing patient needs.
It is like a ‘care map’, so that all members of a health care team – whether they work in a hospital or the community – can be on the same page when it comes to looking after a particular person.
In 2022, the PHN finalised the review of the diabetes pathways and continues to work together to provide timely updates resulting from recent changes to clinical guidelines.
Updated pathways include:
• Insulin – Ongoing Management
• Sick Day Management of Type 1 Diabetes
• Diabetes Education by General Practitioner or Practice Nurse
• Diabetes – Foot Screening
• Ongoing Management of Type 1 Diabetes
• Newly Diagnosed Type 1 Diabetes
• Diabetes Shared Care Plan Protocol
• Urgent Diabetes Assessment
• Non-urgent Diabetes Assessment
• Diabetes Advice